Sexual harassment and violence investigations present unique challenges to internal investigators. With the introduction of Bill 132 in Ontario, Bill 23 in British Columbia, and Bill 15 in Manitoba, overcoming these challenges, and conducting a thorough and fair investigation has become even more important.
Join us for a practical, hands-on training session in which we will explore challenging issues such as:
- How to make credibility assessments;
- How to deal with difficult subject matter;
- Dealing with vulnerable parties; and
- The role of bystanders.
An examination of the legal framework in which sexual harassment investigations take place, as well as the psycho-social dynamics of sexual harassment and violence, will be included in this session.
This training is a must for any front line staff who respond to and/or investigate sexual harassment and violence complaints on behalf of an institution.
This course will follow the Rubin Thomlinson methodology of role play and problem solving, so that internal investigators will have the opportunity to enhance their skills, allowing them to approach and undertake these investigations with confidence.
Training Calendar for Conducting Sexual Harassment and Violence Investigations
- April 24 – 25, 2018 in Winnipeg
- May 30 – 31, 2018 in Toronto
- June 13 – 14, 2018 in Calgary
- November 13 – 14, 2018 in Toronto
- November 27 – 28, 2018 in Burnaby
This course is part of our Advanced Investigation Techniques Series. Complete all 3 of the following courses:
plus 1 of the following courses:
- Conducting Workplace Assessments
- Conducting Sexual Harassment and Violence Investigations
- Workplace Investigations in the University and College Context
to receive the Advanced Investigation Certificate.
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.