Families have evolved beyond the traditional model of one breadwinner and one full-time caregiver. Caregiving demands have increased, which can have significant effects in the workplace.
Family status is a protected human right. This course will provide a framework to assist managers and HR professionals to respond to an employee with a workplace obligation that conflicts with their caregiving needs. By the end of this course you will better understand:
- The most common workplace barriers for caregivers
- The duty to accommodate and when it is triggered
- Obligations of the employee and employer in the accommodation process
- Types of accommodations for family status issues
- How to differentiate between caregiving obligations and personal choices.
- Current Canadian case law around family status
Training Calendar for Beyond the Nuclear Family: Accommodating Family Status in the Workplace
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.