Bill 132: One year later
Thursday September 14, 2017 12 noon EDT – 1pm
Bill 132, which amended Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, will be a year old on September 8, 2017. Join Janice Rubin and Cory Boyd for this complimentary webcast to review the impact of these new provisions. What are the lessons learned thus far?
Janice and Cory will discuss the emerging Bill 132 case law, which deals with issues such as:
- The triggers for the Ministry of Labour to order a workplace investigation;
- The consequences of non-compliance of an order;
- How Bill 132’s “workplace harassment” provisions are being used in surprising legal contexts;
- The limits of Bill 132’s requirement to conduct workplace investigations;
- What conduct is not considered “workplace harassment” under Bill 132;
- How Bill 132 affects disciplinary decisions for workplace harassment; and
- The interplay between Bill 132 and the anti-reprisal sections of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
In providing this information to participants via webcast, Rubin Thomlinson LLP is not providing legal advice. The purpose of this event is to provide general information only.