Dealing with mental health issues in the workplace presents a unique and complicated challenge for employers.
This practical, “how-to” workshop is designed to help managers and HR professionals understand the law relating to the accommodation of mental illness in the workplace and to provide strategies on how to deal with this issue.
This workshop will help attendees to:
- Better understand mental health and mental illness;
- Take action when warning signs appear;
- Discharge the duty to accommodate;
- Understand whether the employee can be disciplined;
- Take the necessary actions while the employee is absent from work due to illness;
- Manage medical documentation throughout the accommodation process;
- Understand the legal test for undue hardship; and
- Understand frustration of contract.
Training Calendar for The Ins and Outs of Accommodating Mental Illness in the Workplace
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.