60 Minutes with RT
Litigating Employment Law Disputes: What Every HR and ER Professional Needs to Know
Wednesday October 28th, 2015 12 noon – 1pm ET
The litigation of employment disputes is a common reality in the modern workplace. From claims of wrongful dismissal to breaches of non-solicitation or non-competition obligations, and complaints about discrimination or harassment, HR and ER professionals are key points of contact in these disputes and are involved in strategy, file management and, ultimately, resolution.
- Proactive evidence and information gathering, including taking statements and implementing “litigation holds”
- Managing employee, supervisor and stakeholder expectations
- Meaning of “litigation privilege” and “solicitor-client privilege” and how to protect it
- Use of mediation and other alternative dispute resolution measures
- Allocating settlement payments to maximize settlement authority
- Tips for avoiding litigation
The fee is $129 plus HST.
*Please note that refunds will not be given for cancellations.
**In providing this information to participants via teleseminar, Rubin Thomlinson is not providing legal advice. The purpose of this event is to provide general information only.
Registration for this event is now closed.