Who Do I Believe?
This course has been designed for anyone who has ever investigated a set of allegations and struggled to make a finding at the end. Perhaps it is one person’s word against another, or maybe you just don’t have the confidence to feel you can decide who is lying and who is telling the truth. In this fascinating and engaging course, you will learn about the science of lie detection, find out which approaches work and which don’t, and learn valuable tools to assist you in making decisions.
Specific content covered will include the following:
- The psychology of lying
- Various tools used for lie detection, their strengths and weaknesses and applicability to internal workplace investigations, including: facial micro-expressions, gestures and body language, and voice and verbal statement analysis
- Structuring the interview to enhance lie detection, including discussion of cognitive interviewing
- Translating credibility concerns and determinations into specific language in written reports
Participants will be provided with comprehensive materials explaining these concepts and tools to better support them in their investigation practice. Following the Rubin Thomlinson methodology of role play and problem solving, internal investigators will have the opportunity to enhance their skills and allow them to make difficult credibility decisions in their investigations with confidence.
Training Calendar for Assessing Credibility
Please note that registrants for Assessing Credibility must have attended Basic Workplace Investigation Techniques before they can attend this session.
This course is part of our Advanced Investigation Techniques Series. Complete all 3 of the following courses:
plus 1 of the following courses:
- Conducting Workplace Assessments
- Conducting Sexual Harassment and Violence Investigations
- Workplace Investigations in the University and College Context
to receive the Advanced Investigation Certificate.
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.