In this program, you will learn:
- Which legal requirements and human resources considerations trigger an investigation
- Whether an investigation should be conducted internally or externally
- How to plan your investigation and set up your process
- How to determine your mandate
- What to include in pre-investigation communication to the parties
- Who to interview, and in what order
- How to prepare for and conduct investigation interviews
- How to collect and record evidence
- How to approach decision making
- How to avoid common investigation pitfalls
- How to write a thorough and defensible report that will “stick”
- How to organize your report and what to include in it
- How to deal with credibility issues
- How to deal with tricky evidentiary issues
- How to avoid common reporting pitfalls
All participants will have the opportunity to practice their investigation skills by conducting a live interview of the complainant, the respondent or witnesses.
Training Calendar for Basic Workplace Investigation Techniques and Report Writing Workshop
- March 7 – 9, 2017 in Ottawa
- April 4 – 6, 2017 in Calgary Approved for 19 CPD hours toward the CPHR Designation.
- April 25 – 27, 2017 in Toronto *Sold Out*
- June 6 – 8, 2017 in Vancouver
- September 12 – 14, 2017 in Calgary Approved for 19 CPD hours toward the CPHR Designation.
- October 3 – 5, 2017 in Toronto *Sold Out*
- November 14 – 16, 2017 in Vancouver
- December 5 – 7, 2017 in Calgary
- December 12 – 14, 2017 in Toronto
- April 10 – 12, 2018 in Toronto
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.