Resolving human rights issues in the workplace is a complex and challenging task. HR professionals are often the front line in gathering the information necessary to fairly identify and address complaints. Getting it wrong can lead to escalating workplace conflicts or worse, significant damage awards and onerous public interest remedies at the Human Rights Tribunal. Would you know what to do?
With more human resources professionals than ever responding to human rights issues, we know that trying to address complicated competing rights and human rights concepts in these cases can feel like an overwhelming challenge. This session has been developed with you in mind.
In this course you will learn:
- What is – and isn’t – a human rights issue
- How human rights tribunals define discrimination and harassment
- How to fairly accommodate disability, beliefs, family status and gender identity
- How to deal with issues of competing rights in the workplace
- What human rights tribunals expect to see in an investigation process
Training Calendar for The Essential Human Rights Primer
This course is part of our Advanced Investigation Techniques Series. Complete all 3 of the following courses:
plus 1 of the following courses:
- The Essential Human Rights Primer
- Conducting Workplace Assessments
- Conducting Sexual Harassment and Violence Investigations
- Workplace Investigations in the University and College Context
to receive the Advanced Investigation Certificate.
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.