We are Canada’s leading workplace investigation experts. We are frequently retained to conduct investigations in Toronto, as well as the rest of the country, and we are able to do this work in both English and French. No other law firm in Canada conducts more workplace investigations than we do. In fact, we’ve written the definitive book on the subject – Human Resources Guide to Workplace Investigations.
We have conducted investigations dealing with:
- Hostile work environment
- Bullying and psychological harassment
- Sexual harassment
- Policy breaches
- Statutory violations
- Racial harassment and workplace discrimination
- Allegations of cause and inappropriate employee behaviour
- Anonymous complaints
- Workplace health and safety incidents
In addition to traditional workplace investigations, we are often asked to utilize our investigation tools and processes to assist our clients in addressing workplace issues in other ways, such as:
- Workplace assessments in which information is gathered relating to the culture, practices or behaviour in the workplace in order to identify the root cause, or causes, of conflicts or issues.
- Investigation Advisors providing advice to in-house investigators relating to legal requirements, best practices and responding to unexpected challenges.
- Summary investigations in which probing interviews are conducted with identified individuals to determine what subsequent processes are required.
At the conclusion of our investigations, we provide our clients with a comprehensive and detailed written report, which includes our findings of fact, and legal opinion and recommendations if requested.