Workplace investigations in the university and college context are unique. Investigators are frequently confronted with complaints between faculty members, the challenges of students as witnesses or complainants, as well as anonymous complaints. These unique situations demand a high level of specialized skill from universities and their investigators. This training session will closely examine the demands and challenges that investigations present in the university and college context, and allow for a full exploration of possible solutions.
This interactive training session will cover:
- How to deal with complaints between faculty members, and related union/association issues;
- The tension between academic freedom and harassment or civility:
- How to deal with the challenges of students as witnesses or complainants;
- Jurisdictional and policy application issues in shared teaching arrangements;
- Anonymous complaints;
- Workplace assessments versus workplace investigations.
Training Calendar for Workplace Investigations in the University and College Context
This course is part of our Advanced Investigation Techniques Series. Complete all 3 of the following courses:
plus 1 of the following courses:
- Conducting Workplace Assessments
- Conducting Sexual Harassment and Violence Investigations
- Workplace Investigations in the University and College Context
to receive the Advanced Investigation Certificate.
Click on a date above to download the registration form. Need more information? Please contact us.